Africa Youth Awards, the continent’s most coveted award for young people has announced nominees for the 5th edition of the award.
The nominees which features 60 young people across 5 categories were selected from 23 African countries for their outstanding works in diverse fields.
Out of the 23 countries nominated, Kenya leads with 7 nominees whiles Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa also follow with 6 nominees each.
Speaking about this year’s edition, Prince Akpah, President & co-founder of Africa Youth Awards, noted that in commemoration of the 5 years anniversary of the awards, co-founders of the award decided to only release 5 categories to be contested for across the continent.
Also speaking about the next phase of the awards, Prince Akpah noted that, the awards from next year would be modelled to promote the African Union’s Agenda 2063 as it takes turn to award young individuals working on promoting the African Union’s agenda.
Africa Youth Awards has over the years recognized the works of young Africans and continues to expose their works to the world. Previous recipient of the award include: Dr. Ahmed Musa, Sara Nana Yeboah, Ashish Thakkar, Aya Chebbi, etc.
Africa Youth Awards is also noted for its prestigious ranking of the 100 Most Influential Young Africans which has received publication on various international media platforms across the world.
Public voting for the awards is opened via www.africayouthawards.org/vote and will end on December 26th ahead of the winners announcement on January 1st 2019.
Below are the nominees
AFRICA YOUTH OF THE YEAR FEMALE
- Amina Abdi Wako (Kenya)
- Atangche Zita Ngeche (Cameroon)
- Brownie Ebal (Uganda)
- Buumba Malambo (Zambia)
- Dr. Yakama Manty Jones (Sierra Leone)
- Juana A. Boateng (Ghana)
- Liina Mutilifa (Namibia)
- Micah Dandaula (Malawi)
- Monbolade Urchelle Pamela Akplogan (Benin)
- Nerima Wako Ojiwa (Kenya)
- Nthabeleng Likotsi (South Africa)
- Wadi Ben-Hirki (Nigeria)
ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR
- Ghislain Muhiwa (DR Congo)
- Hope Mwanyuma (Kenya)
- Isaac Success Omoyele (Nigeria)
- Kelebogile Simula (Botswana)
- Lamin Saidykhan (Gambia)
- Prince Tam Yai (Cameroon)
- Samuel Charandura Zimbabwe)
- Thomas Mwiraria (Kenya)
- Valerio O. Thompson Boco (Equatorial Guinea)
- Victor Ugo (Nigeria)
- Winston Muleba (Zambia)
- Zyna Mejri (Tunisia & Libya)
ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- Adnane El Idrissi Ammari (Morocco)
- Amon Sheefeni Namundjebo (Namibia)
- Arnold Nyendwa (Zambia)
- Benjamin Fernandes (Tanzania)
- Clifford Ndecham (Cameroon)
- Gilbert Peters (Zimbabwe)
- Joyce Boadi Okyere (Ghana)
- Kelvin Macharia Kuria (Kenya)
- Moemedi Senwelo (Botswana)
- Nalubega Joan (Uganda)
- Nkululeko Mhlaba (South Africa)
- Vukile Manzi (South Africa)
LEADER OF THE YEAR
- Armstrong Poleeno Addae (Ghana)
- Bhongolwethu Sonti (South Africa)
- Brenda Mcwilson-Okorogba Nigeria)
- Elizabeth Ntonjira (Kenya)
- Julius Karl D. Fieve (Ghana)
- Martin Muyuya (Zambia)
- Nthatisi Miriam Lesala (Lesotho)
- Nyandoh Paho Tadfor Tadfor (Cameroon)
- Sabere Anselme Traore (Burkina Faso)
- Samson Wambuzi (Uganda)
- Segun Fatudimu (Nigeria)
- Ssekitto Kalule Emmanuel (Uganda)