BLIZZ FOUNDATION is set to embark on the SAVE A LIFE FUND-RAISER PROJECT
MATERNAL & INFANT MORTALITY.
The event will take place at Holiday Inn Hotel, Airport City on May 20, 2016 from 6:00 – 9:00PM
Red Carpet, Red Carpet starts @ 6pm – 7pm.
Speaking about the event, the founder of the initiative, Bettina Piirong stated that;
Save-A-Life Project is a charity benefit event aimed at raising funds to help create awareness and reduce maternal and infant mortality rates in Ghana.
This event will as well engage Stake Holders, Individuals, Celebrities (musicians, presenters, actors, actresses, etc.), Pastors, Politicians, etc. to support this worthy cause.
Bettina also added that,
The well–being of society is directly linked to the health and survival of mothers and children. When mothers survive and thrive, their children survive and thrive. When both mothers and children thrive, the society in which they live prosper”.
This is why i think people should come in their numbers to support in anyway they possibly can.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BLIZZ FOUNDATION
- To create an avenue to raise funds through sponsorship of like-minded corporate bodies and individuals interested in reducing maternal and infant mortality rates in Ghana through fund-raiser dinner
- Organize seminars/workshops to highlight and educate the rural communities about maternal and infant mortality and the need to reduce it.
- Train and educate more Skilled Birth Attendants(SBA) in the rural communities as well as re-orienting existing midwives.
- To create a relax atmosphere of networking and be entertained even as we contribute to a worthy cause.
BLIZZ FOUNDATION FACTORS
- Improve on water and sanitation
- Provide more birth related equipment
- Train more midwives & birth attendants
- Renew focus on family planning, skilled care at delivery,& emergency obstetric care.
- COMBINED WITH:
- More health professionals
- Greater financial resources
- Robust tracking of progress & accountability
- Target poor and vulnerable communities
- Prevention of unwanted pregnancies: Family Planning
- Prevention of complications: Skilled Care at Delivery
- Prevention of death by timely management of life-threatening complications: Emergency Obstetric Care
- Streamline referral system and provide ambulatory services in rural communities
- Prevention of killer diseases of infants: Antenatal & Post natal care and Immunization
- Improve nutrition for infants
Blizz Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of Blizz Media Ghana, targeted at touching the lives of the underprivileged in society. Our aim is to give back to deprived communities the basic necessities of life and what we deem befitting for human development.
Blizz Foundation is a human development- oriented non-profit organization that seeks to implement social intervention undertakings through workable programs and projects. We are committed to Women Empowerment (meeting the physical and social needs of women and children) Girl Child Education and Advocacy Campaigns (Health) by providing solutions to issues of poverty, deprivation, ignorance and diseases.
For more information, contact: 0207182907/ 0244804465
Watch a montage of some activities by Blizz Foundation below..